Shavari Admin replied

527 weeks ago

Hey everyone!

It's your friendly neighborhood Shavari again. Anyways, something I would like to see is anyone who can download the excel spreadsheet from the market tab on the main home page, please do so and try to fill out some of the information If you're not good at it that is fine, I understand. But if you can help out then please do.

Please not: We record for only 1 day's worth. So if for example, in the "history" tab on the game for the item, we separate high quality and normal quality, then record it each for that day (so if it's the 25th we make sure the only information there is the 25th, and not overlapping). This way we have a "day's" worth information for the submission, which keeps the information accurate as possible.

If there isn't enough for a full 20 spots (which is the max per item) then simply input what you can. Start at the bottom with the earliest time and work UP. Throughout the day just add in more till the end of the day. If done right you will have it filled up completely. Once it's filled completely we go to the next. The "time" area (or T) on the item tab of the spreadsheet (at the bottom you'll see Master and It (cause you wont' see the full word "item" unless you download the file, DO NOT TOUCH THE MASTER PAGE ONLY TOUCH THE ITEM PAGE), put in the actual time (4:35 AM, 12:56 PM, 3:22 PM, etc.) and type in AM or PM just like those examples there or else it won't do it right. It will convert it into military time that can be understood by excel's hour/minute/second system within the formula being used. The only information you need to fill out is the Quantity, Time, and Price. Don't fill anything else out on that item page. If you have blank spaces above your entries, in Quantity please put 1 or 99 (if the items sold are around 1-10 items at a time, put in 1…if they are being sold in stacks of 99 put in 99, if more put in the most common amount), in Time please put the last time you have recorded (so if the last time was 4:50PM, put that in for the rest, or else the system get's confused and will NOT give you accurate information), and the price put in the last price you had as well

If you feel froggy, on the MASTER page tab, you can put in the "Demand value", which is between 1 and 10, and the market will tell you. It's got the heart symbol next to the gold number in the top right of the individual item tab on the actual market in game. Anything else don't touch unless you know 100% what you are doing…for those that DO know what they are doing, notice each item other than the demand values on the master tab have a formula. In that formula you'll see a value (like C23, for the first item). If you're working on the 5th item, you'll have to do some math to change that value in EACH formula used…for the "name" of the item, look at the first item's number, (which i think is either A1 or A2) and then just add 23 each time you go down, so the second one would be A24/25, third would be A47/48 (putting two numbers in cause i can't remember what the first one is)….the "values" or numbers you see after the item name have a different number….the first one is something like C22 so you add 23 and get C45 for the second ones, and so forth till you get to your row. (so C45 would also have D45, F45, whatever in that row).

So there's a basic insight to how the system works. The list includes 224 items (Normal and HQ separated of course), so there's a lot to do. We have the materials and the housing furniture. The armor's are NOT recorded as usually they cost more to make than it's worth, and most people won't care till higher levels anyways…So the more we get done, the better.

Once all the information is put in, then whomever is in charge of whatever crafting job will take care of the items in the spreadsheet that refers to their item, updating it as often as they deem required to help them "play the market".

If you feel you would like to add non high-demand items or items that may have become high-demand, feel free to add those items in the "item tab" by copying the last item's entry info in full and just replacing the name and all valid values, then simply go to the master page and do your mathematics and add in the values there (copy the one above it so you keep the formulas and don't have to re-type them, same deal goes on the item tab).

Hopefully this helps everyone in the guild to be able to make some good money off of the market. For those of you who are NOT part of the guild, I understand that you are curious and like to have something like this. Just please make sure you ASK first if you can use the information…if you're gonna take the info from us the least you can do is make sure it's accurate and up to date and pitch in some effort towards it until we have an API created for FFXIV Market Board (which may be coming soon, probably in a few months).

Enjoy!

It tastes like fucking purple!!!

Shavari Admin replied

526 weeks ago

Ok everyone,

Thanks to the research done by my wife, Martigan, it is interesting to me to say that doing the market place may be more difficult than what it may seem…

Each of the three starting towns have their own separate auction system. Basically what you see in Gridania for example is NOT what you will see in Limsa, and NOT what you'd see in Ul. Each town therefore has it's own separate markets, which means their own demands, their own prices, etc….this makes things way more difficult…

For now, if anyone wants to work on the project make sure you put it down for whatever town you're working on, and you may need to make your own list of high-demand items for that town. From what I'm told Limsa has the richest market (probably because it's the most populated one on our server, Leviathan…)

So until we get a new plan figured out, lets put the spreadsheets on the back burner, and see what we can do to streamline things for each town.

Thanks,

Shavari

EDIT: This yet unconfirmed!!!! There is a possibility that the market boards are in fact shared, so until I can speak with Martigan again to see what she saw I cannot confirm that the market places are in fact different/separate from each other. More to come soon!!!

last edited 526 weeks ago by Shavari

It tastes like fucking purple!!!
Please log in to post a reply.